Transparency: We always tell you what data we’re collecting about you and only use it in relation to your order or to keep in contact with you via our newsletter if you have subscribed to it. We will never sell your data.
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to information that can identify an individual. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Who are we?
Under the GDPR regulation Hangers Now are known as the data controller of this website (our contact details are below). This means Hangers Now decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. When do we collect personal data?
We only collect personal data when you submit it to us in the form of an order or a newsletter subscription. We only collect the data you give to us.
4. How do we process your personal data?
Hangers Now complies with its obligations under the GDPR by only storing the data you have given permission to us in relation to your customer order, by storing and destroying data securely when requested to and by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure.
We only store the information you give us when ordering or when signing up for our newsletter. We then only use this data in relation to your order or to contact you. We do not use in any other way. We do not share this information with any other company or entity other than to process your order with secure payment processors such as PayPal. We do not store any payment information such as credit or debit card details in any way whatsoever.
We only use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To enable us to process your order and deliver it to you.
• To send you our newsletter if you have signed up for it. You can cancel your newsletter subscription at any time, we will then delete your name and email address.
5. Sharing your personal data
We never share your data with other companies or third parties other than to complete your secure payment.
6. Storing your data
The data is stored securely. It is not stored on a publicly accessible computer, nor indeed does anybody have access to it except Hangers Now.
7. How long do we store data for?
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (order details) for a minimum of 6 years. Your information that we use for a newsletter subscription will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive them.
In order for this website to work properly and for your order to be correctly placed, this website stores small files known as cookies on your computer. These small files do not contain any personal information - such as your name or address - but only information on the products viewed on your device or computer. Once you place your order these cookies are deleted. If you do not place an order immediately, the cookies are deleted after 24 hours. This allows you to browse and select products then return and complete your order within one day.
Analytics and Social Media Share Buttons
We use analytics to measure our websites traffic. We do not track individual users or collect personal data with these analytics, they are completely anonymous and not linked to your order or personal data. Our social media share buttons allow you to share our products with your users on social media. When you share links from our website in this way we do not collect any personal information and you are simply sent to your social media account to share the link.
9. Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Hangers Now holds about you.
• The right to request your personal data is deleted where it is no longer necessary for Hangers Now to retain such data.
• The right to request Hangers Now provide you the details of any personal data we hold.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Hangers Now at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.